Because we all like a new recipe sometimes...

Sunday, February 27, 2011

West African Fruit Salad



I found this recipe one Thanksgiving when I was assigned to bring fruit salad to the family celebration. I didn't want to make the same old thing or pay for super out of season produce. This salad was the perfect remedy. It's great as a side or dessert. The recipe came from allrecipes.com

West African Fruit Salad

4 cups cubed pineapple, canned or fresh
2 mangoes, peeled and diced
2 oranges, peeled and segmented
2 bananas, peeled and sliced

2 TBS dark brown sugar
2 TBS lime juice

1 cup toasted coconut

Combine fruit in large bowl. Mix brown sugar with lime juice and stir into fruit. Chill for 1 hour or more. Add toasted coconut before serving.

1 comment:

  1. So glad I found this! I'm making it on Saturday for a get together. I'll let you know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete